Wednesday 14 April 2021

Healing Verses

Isaiah 53:4-5

Surely he has borne our grief's and sicknesses, and carried our sorrows and pains; yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of god and afflicted. 

But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our inequities; the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."  

Educated out of God: Everything in the New Testament was prophesied in the Old. I never fully realized this because something else was taught in the cemetery and thus never mentioned in the little churchy on the corner I was born in. Sunday School was coloring books. Bible stories were not true, only the meaning was true. Sort of like Easter Eggs, St Nick, and the chocolate bunny. Adults put on the Pulpit Rock pretend show for the kids. The boys grew up and ran off at fourteen. The adults went to the bowling alley and after beer. Most were never seen in church listening to pulpit talk. Nothing was mentioned much either way. Break between Sunday School and church service, I talked baseball and the adults smoked. I myself was on my way to the smoking session of eternal life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment