Wednesday 3 April 2024

The Fruit of the Spirit

There is only one way, to my understanding of the Bible, how faith in God can be gained or increased. However there is, similar to Paul's experience, revelations such as epiphanies. The way I test an epiphany is to subject it to the fruit of the tree treatment. As a short cut if it does not mirror Jesus then I do not trust it. There are all kinds of spirits that attempt or actually get a hold of person. The fruits of the Spirit are found in Galatians 5:22 and I am not guessing, it would have to be my mother's favorite verse. She pleaded, very emotionally taken. with me to remember the verses for her because she was very fearful she was going to forget where they were.  I missed an early view of the Sea of Forgetfulness.  At the time however I was very skeptical about a lot of issues and promptly forgot them myself. But I see now it shows me how faith is gained or will grow. Today I would put it in my "a tree is known (literally) by its' fruit" category. Later,

No comments:

Post a Comment