Thursday 29 July 2021

Famous quotes in

Psalm 118

The most famous phrase in 118, many times mentioned, is the stone that has been rejected has become the corner stone, often quoted. 

Then in verse 22, maybe 28, I believe, his love endures forever and all the other "endures", His love endures forever, His mercy endures forever. All in Psalm 118, long but these poetic refrain concepts hold it together perfectly.

I used to listen years ago to a preacher who mentioned Jesus Christ all through every single one of his sermons. When he was dying someone asked why he wasn't being healed. His response was God's mercy endures forever.

As for me, "When hard pressed I cried to the Lord and He brought me to a spacious place". I love that phrase, purely a perfect one for me personally, and in verse 17 I will not die but live. This too is good, but it is a long Psalm. Good for reading in the evening or as I usually do, this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment